My doctor's name is Dr.Linda Ellsworth. You can read about her here. I feel very comfortable with her and she is extremely knowledgeable in this field, having to have delivered the first IVF baby in San Antonio!
The reason my family doctor referred me to her was because she said due to my history and results of blood work I had two things going against me: Metabolic Syndrome and Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome Those two together can make it difficult to concieve.
Chris and I met with Dr.Ellsworth for a consultation and she went over our history and outlined the steps for treating this. First a round of testing, then we meet back with her to go over results and devise a plan of action.
I had a physical/pap/vaginal ultrasound done yesterday. The ultrasound showed a thick lining (which my other doctors have been concerned about for a couple years but never did anything about) as well as some cysts (which confirms the polycysticovarian syndrome). The doctor also saw what could be a polyp on the uterine lining. She's not exactly sure what it is but its something. the tubal x-ray will show that better. All in all the ultrasound was very beneficial and explained alot of why certain things are happening.
The next step is to go back on day 2-3 of my next cycle to do the blood work. They will do a full CBC, hormone check, glucose check, and infectious disease check.
Then on day 8-10 i have to go back for a tubal x-ray. They will insert a cathater through the cervix and release a dye. This will then show the fallopian tubes and uterus. The goal is to make sure the fallopian tubes are open and functioning properly. you can learn about it here. they gave me pills to take for this procedure-2 anticramping pills and 1 antibiotic to take before and then 1 antibiotic to take before I go to bed that night.
This will definatly be a complex journey. I'm hoping that the result will be little Caleb or Kaitlyn (yes, we actually had names picked out a couple years ago!). I know ultimately its all in God's hands and if its meant to be it will.
5 comments:
You are right about your last sentence.
Have you thought about adopting? Little Caleb or Kaitlyn? Joshua (3.5) and I have talked about this latley. There are a couple of children at Church that are adopted (another race than the parents). I tell him that sometimes babies are inside your belly and then they come out!:) (A friend of ours is due any day so he knows about delivery, as much as a three year old can) I tell him that sometimes you can't get a baby in your belly, but that there is a special baby that needs a loving home with a mommy and a daddy and that the baby chooses the mommy!
Just wondering if you have thought about it!
Wait, I thought babies came from a stork. I think I need to get me a book or something.
Well girl the only thing I can say is Good Luck!!! I had several tests years ago and to this day I dont know why I was never able to get pregnant. I sure hope that it works out for the two of you. And yes, it is for sure in the Lords hands. I feel that he has made the right decision for me (of course now that im older and not trying) And yes, adoption is a wondeful choice as well....
i'm not against adoption. when all the test results come back and we find out exactly whats going on then that will be the time to think, pray, and see where our hearts are at. i really like your adoption description amanda! :)
colleen-doesnt gene have grown girls? do you have a parental role with them?
dave-so, if its all about a stork, does that mean you met mine when it dropped me off at home 31 years ago???
Post a Comment