Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Confession

so on my way to work today God put a few verses in my head which i will share here. i confess that i have not been too good at communing with the Father as of late. i have not read scripture or prayed much. to be honest, i've been kinda upset with Him. but the other night at my Bible study i confessed this to the group, and they came around me and prayed for me. i can't say it was an immediate change, but when I got up this morning i felt like i had some clarity i had not had for awhile, and a peace in my heart. on the drive to work this morning these verses popped in my head. i know He is trying to tell me something.

ROMANS 7:14-20
14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[b] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it

i love Paul's writings. this one describes me perfectly as of late. yesterday chris and i talked about incorporating more exercise and better eating into our lifestyle. we both want to change. for me, i know that i've given into all the stress lately and disreguarded my health. that has been the last thing on my mind. i just havent cared. i know what i need to do to get healthy, i know that in order for other things to work out in my life my body needs to be in top shape. but like Paul, "what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do". so this is a wake up call-time to push aside sin and do whats right.

EPHESIANS 6:12
12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

i have felt so run-down and like i've been fighting the world around me as well as inside myself. today the Lord put this in my mind...there are forces not even visible to me that are also clamoring against me. i need to put on His armor and be close to him and then i'll be fine.

ROMANS 8:26-27
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

this has been my hearts cry for the past month or so. i have been very weak. but i am so thankful that the Spirit is there to help!

what alot to think about for one day! but i feel encouraged and refreshed. i know things will work out and be OK. i know that God has always been there, and always will be.

No comments: