Monday, August 27, 2007

Flying Saucer b'day lunch





Today we celebrated Dad's b'day by having lunch at the Flying Saucer (his acutal b-day is tomorrow but since we were off work today we took him out instead of tomorrow!) The Flying Saucer is a neat restaurant to go to, esp if you enjoy beer. They have a TON of different kinds of beer from different brewerys European and local. In fact, if you desire, you can join the UFO club....for every 200 different beers you drink you get a plate with your name written on it and hung on the wall. For every additional 200 beers you drink the plate changes to a different color. Lots of fans in San Antonio--there were plates all over the walls!
Since I'm not really into beer, I choose to go the nonalcholic way and ordered a rootbeer that was on draft. but this was no ordinary root beer-it wasnt as syrupy as most are (which is a good thing) but it did have an interesting after taste..not sure how to describe it. Out of the other beers ordered that I tasted I found I liked the Samuel Adams Oktoberfest beer-my taste buds found it to be kinda sweet.
We ate some good food, very yummy cheese plate, and delicious desert. It was a very enjoyable experience, and one I'm sure we'll do again!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU!!!! Tis ALWAYS a pleasure to dine with my favorite daughter and her Mann. (Oh, und Auch MEINE Frau--had to say that or I'd get hit :-)) Love Ya too, Tschüss, Dad

The Road Runner said...

When you marry into the Norris family, it is the Man's responsibility to dodge glancing blows!

And yeah - great time, great company!