been doing alot of internet reading (and of course everything you read online is correct,right?!)and learning stuff. here's todays findings:
1) i'm very scared about miscarriage, and perhaps a bit paranoid..what can i say i never thought pregnancy would happen so i'm terrified of it not working out. learned that having PCOS makes it a high risk. some people have continued to take the Glucophage (which is what i have been taking for the PCOS) even during the first trimester to prevent miscarriage...definatly something to talk to the Dr. about! that taking ibuprofin during the conception time and early pregnancy is a risk (i was taking quite a bit of that for the pains i was having which turned out to be part of my body stretching and adjusting to being pregnant). having high blood pressure even before getting pregnant isnt necessairly a miscarriage risk, but is something to watch very closely as is the pre-diabetes which has a high chance of becoming gestational diabetes
2)that its easier to count from date of last menstral period because its harder to determine exact date of ovulation and that some people determine due date by going back 3 months from that last menstral period and then adding 2 weeks and a year
3) according to due date calculators on several sites the estimated due date of our baby would be June 29, 2008 give or take a week and that the conception date would have been October 7 (from babyzone.com) i'll be curious to see how it matches with what my Obgyn says next week
4)if the above information is correct this is some developmental information, from babyzone:
-period of greatest risk for birth defects is 10/28-12/02
-baby fetal organ formation begins 10/28
-baby major organs formed by 12/2
-second trimester begins and risk of miscarriage decreases 12/16
-if baby is premature but born after this date s/he has a chance to survive 3/2/08
-third trimester begins 3/30/08
-baby due, full term 6/29/08
5) that if i'm 4.5 weeks along already baby is now 1/25 of an inch long.
3 comments:
Don't worry! You and Chris are going to have a beautiful healthy baby. You just worry about following your OB/GYN's advice. The most I'm concerned about are those 2am feedings. And I'm not talking about after the birth, I'm talking about poor Chris and your upcoming food urges, I can see it now: "Honey, I know its 2am, but the baby wants Nachos Bellgrande, large french fries from McDonalds, and a chocolate shake from Burger King!" ;)
that is too funny!! :) just you wait though..you'll be getting a 2am call asking to send food items that can only be found at Albertsons!
hey! We found a hotel that has a cravings chef. You can call at any time during the night and ask for the cravings chef and he will fix whatever your little heart desires. Never mind that the first night you call it is $749 but I guess if you can afford the hotel you can afford that. Besides, I think I am having the cravings for you. Now where did I put those pickles with that ice cream...
Post a Comment