Monday, December 24, 2007

sweet remembrance

(note to self: time to get this laminated before the tear destroys the paper! not bad for almost 10 yrs old.)



yesterday i took some time to organize my closet. while doing so i came across this huge handmade card. this card has very very sweet memories for me and i wanted to tell you about it.

in April 2007 I graduated from Flagler College. since Chris and I were dating, and he was in his last year at Flagler, i remained in St.Augustine to live and work. I still saw my college friends from time to time. in February 1998 my mother, who was living here in San Antonio, was diagnosed with cancer. Chris and my friends at college became a huge support system. I ended up going to San Antonio in the beginning of May, and my mom passed away at the end of the month.

Well, during this difficult time I had no idea that a special someone, my dear husband, was going around having friends sign a card he made from poster board for me (even the lunchlady at school!). it was an amazing gesture of love and something i'll never forget to the day i die. when times get difficult all i have to do is think upon this thoughtful and meaninful gift and i am reminded of how much love there is in the world.

to those of you who who signed it way back when who i know read this blog-Thank You! your friendship is something i always cherish. and to Chris for being the sweet inspiration behind the card-i'm so blessed to have you in my life. i love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check the dates was it 2007 or 1997?:)

lani said...

oh man, good call...didnt even realize the typo. oops! so glad i graduated in 97 or else i wouldnt have known all these people!!