Instead of making a list of resolutions I know I won't keep, Im gonna do what I did last year: a word of the year.
Last year at this time things for the Kinion family were pretty rough. So I decided my word for 2011 would be trust. Trusting in Gods will and perfect plan. Trusting in my marriage. Trusting that our needs would be met. And you know what? Things worked out better than I could have asked. I'm not saying it was always easy, but we pressed on and God was faithful.
So what will the word be for 2012? Ideally I'd say health. But realistically I know that sets me up for discouragement and I want something positive. Hm..how about contentment. But I feel like im already pretty content and I want something challenging.
It seems to me that in light of the blessings we recd in 2011 the best word for 2012 is praise. Its so easy to praise Him when things are going well, but not so easy to during tough times. I want to be able to praise Him in all things.
So, will you join me? Maybe you have a different challenge word for this year, but let's make 2012 a year of positive growth shall we?!
No comments:
Post a Comment