Thursday, February 14, 2008

anti-valentines

you can call me a Valentines scrooge. i'm not really against the whole love thing that this day is set up for, but i'm against people who only show their affection this one day. i mean come on, shouldnt people express their love EVERYDAY??? i think getting a bunch of roses on a day that was just a regular day would be romantic. dont get me wrong, getting flowers at any time would be great-i love smelling them and having their scent around the house, but there are those types of people who say "oh wait, today is feb.14, i should do something nice for my significant other"...well, what about the other 364 days of the year?

anyway, thats how i feel, and i'm sticking to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya there sister. I mean what IS up with the other 364 days!!!! Well, I don't know but it sure would be nice to have little things done, like around the house (hint, hint:):):):), on more than just one day the whole year. Wait, I have an idea-- Let's declare the other 364 days as UnValentine's Days and maybe because it is declared there will be a change in attitudes. We can just remind them "Don't forget today is UnValentine's Day." I don't know maybe that's a bit much. Anyhow, I will be praying that all goes well and that life improves for all of us. Love ya lots.

lilricky said...

Well, I have to agree that the whole Valentine's Day thing is just a way for the chocolate makers and florists to make money. And I applaud your enlightened attitude about making everyday Valentine's day. However, ahem, speaking for the male portion of humanity, do you know what would happen if we didn't bring you gals chocolate, flowers and cards on this day? You would see all your friends/coworkers getting flowers delivered at work and none for you. And I know that both you and JJ are intelligent, kind, and considerate people, but women can get kinda, shall I say, a bit jealous when confronted with all that attention. That being said, I think Valentine's Day is something to keep for one reason. It reminds us guys that we really need to show you are love all year long, something that we sometimes forget to do, and I'll be the first to admit that I have done that as well. I purpose we have Valentine's Day once every 4 months or so, just to remind us guys, that we love and cherish you gals. So on behalf of the male population, Happy Valentine's Day, we love you!

The Road Runner said...

I'm gonna have to go with "No bub, we're movin'"

lani said...

some good viewpoints here! i gotta say though you are pretty much on the money about jealousy when you said "You would see all your friends/coworkers getting flowers delivered at work and none for you" because my boss' husband bought her a HUGE boquet of roses today and brought them to the office. we were all gaping in envy. but you know what? this was a smart man, because he also gave each one of us a yellow rose. so we all got flowers :)