Thursday, February 21, 2013

Re-launch 2013

This week marks 3 weeks since my hysterectomy surgery. It feels like its been alot longer. Overall I'd say I'm doing alright. there are definatly good and bad days. I know I have done way too much for this point in time but I don't really have the option to just sit around and watch TV all day. Usually I know I'm doing too much because I get alot of pains in my tummy area and get dizzy. Today was a mixed day though because it started off nice and relaxing and I felt great. then this afternoon i spent quite some time in the kitchen preparing a meal for a friend and by the time i was done i was dizzy and sore again. but at least its night now and i can take some motrin and sleep it off. tomorrow is a fresh start.

speaking of fresh starts i've had alot of time to think lately. instead of new years resolutions i like to choose a word that i want to define my year. i had not come up with one yet for 2013, but it hit me today. Re-launch. why that word you ask? well, there are several areas of my life that i want to approach differently. have a more positive outlook or goal about. like starting over in some ways. here are just a couple-

body image... i am a woman. therefore i have issues with my body as most women do. its very hard to explain just exactly why and how but undergoing this hysterectomy has in some ways made me feel less of a woman. i used to complain all the time about my pain during that time of the month. now i don't have to worry about it again. but along with that means i've also lost that very same part of my body that is unique to being a woman and bearing children. i can't really explain it but its how i feel. its alot like the grief stages...i'm sad and sorta angry but eventually i will come to accept it. and going along with the body image is accepting the other parts of my body that i've never been too fond of..as people say "if you've got it, flaunt it" no i'm not going to suddenly move and join a nudest colony or anything like that, but i might as well appreciate what i've been given if that means wearing properly supportive undergarments (not the $10 ones at walmart!) and shirts that are more flattering to "the girls" than trying to hide under a baggy t-shirt. we will see how this part goes, but i think it's time to relaunch my thinking and like my body for what it is

nutrition...i'm a fan of vegetarian cusiune. i've cooked alot of it this past year. i would like to broaden my horizons and cook even more. i've also come to enjoy having fresh fruit in our home all the time. the first week i was recovering my mother-in-law was here helping us out. she totally spoiled us by buying us groceries that included alot of fresh fruit. its not like we never had fresh fruit but sometimes other things took priority in the money department. not anymore. i have made an effort to keep the fresh stuff around, even if it means cutting back on other stuff. i think its worth it. and i've also discovered that i'm not a fan of fried food. i went without it for awhile and lately had some and i just feel gross after. so i am going to cut back on that as well. if i'm gonna relaunch my view of my body i think i should think twice about what i'm putting in it as well

work/business...its no surprise that last year was a very tough year work wise. then when i finally got a good stable job things around there were kinda rough. its ironic that things finally clicked and went smooth very shortly before i had to leave for surgery. my boss and a couple coworkers have checked in on my during my recovery to make sure things were going well. even though i'm not there physically i think its very cool they still keep me in the loop. but while i'm at home i'm not making any money and i thought about how to change that and then i had a duh moment. um..my Thirty-One stuff! it has been close to a year since I did an actual party in person (mostly internet parties) and so I want to do one. i've restocked my inventory and have ideas on how to do fliers, etc. i'm excited about Thirty-One again. and the best part is i can do it in my own home. or another person's home. very low activity level and yet have fun while doing it. SO. I am planning on hosting a party the beginning of march. i am calling it My Re-Launching Party. it's time to get back on the saddle again.

I know this has been a pretty long post/babbling. these are just the biggest topics on my mind at this point that i want to relaunch and start again with. there are other things as well like my relationship with God and my family, being a better mom to Caitlin that will also come into the picture when its time. I am excited about this. I am excited to see where 2013 takes me and I hope i can pass on encouragement through this as well. feel free to keep me accountable. i will try to keep my blog updated on a regular basis, but well, we know how that can be too.

Be well and God bless

(i apologize for all the typos and grammar mistakes and capitalization errors and all that kind of stuff. i'm kinda in a brain fog and doing good just getting things typed out! :)  )

No comments: