Thursday, March 6, 2008

bittersweet feel good movie

tonight i saw a movie called The Ultimate Gift, based on the book by the same title from Jim Stovall (which i now have to read!!), and it was so good. i highly encourage anyone to rent this film....but be sure to have some tissues on hand! here's the description from Amazon:
When his wealthy grandfather dies, trust fund baby Jason Stevens inherits his grandfather's crash course on life: 12 tasks-or gifts-designed to challenge Jason in improbable ways. The "course" sends Jason on a journey of self-discovery that forces him to reevaluate his priorities and determine what he thinks the most important things in life really are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, saw this recently and I agree it is a totally awesome movie. I cried I laughed and most of all I enjoyed watching a movie without all the explicitives and other adult situations that are in so many movies nowadays. A must see movie for all ages. My 4 and 7-year olds wanted to see it over and over. My 12 year old boy was glued to the tv. It was incredible.