Saturday, June 18, 2011

Farewell, and other stuff

miscellaneous thoughts in no particular order:

this week we had to say goodbye to some good friends who are moving to Georgia. this was Caitlin's best male friend. and he adored her too. i love his family and am totally ok if in the future they reconnect and get married
I really need a job. I thought I had a great lead on one, but it doesn't seem to be falling into place like I thought. At least not at the moment. So this coming week I will search and search until there is no more searching to do. And I will be victorious. I hope.

Caitlin turns 3 on Thursday. Can you believe it? I tell people she is 3 going on 13. seriously. there are days when i need SuperNanny so bad and wish i could wave a magic wand and she would appear and set caitlin straight. cause apparantly I can't. but then there are other times when she is soo sweet i could just eat her up. she is super smart. and i'm not just saying that through biased mommy eyes. for example she has learned her way around the computer. she knows what buttons to push to bring up her favorite websites and how to master the games without any kind of tutorial. i think next week i'll have her show me how to download the pics from my phone.

Rambo and Xena continue to be the coolest cats on the block. Rambo is so great with Caitlin and lets her pick him up all the time. he just goes limp in her arms and she transports him wherever. i'd show you a pic, but its on my phone, and, well, just see the last sentence of the above paragraph.

its HOT. way. too. hot. and i have a massive sunburn to show for it because someone forgot to put on sunscreen while swimming yesterday.

my friend Melody invited me to lunch today at a new (to me) place called Rise Bakery. they have the most delicious goodies and food!! i had a grilled cheese sandwich. but it was no ordinary piece of cheese on some plain ole bread. it was monterrey jack cheese on rosemary and garlic bread. oh. my. gosh. the bread was wonderful and i am now a proud owner of a loaf. i can't wait
till breakfast tomorrow-rosemary french toast anyone??

well, on that note i think i'll sign off for this time. i'm salavating too much and don't want to ruin the keyboard ;)



No comments: